Implementing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program Through Zakat Model

Abbas, Damanhur and Umaruddin, Usman (2015) Implementing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program Through Zakat Model. 3rd ASEAN International Conference on Islamic Finance 2015.


Download (503kB) | Preview


Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the commitment of the business institution to its environmet and community. Company awareness towards social responsibility is embodied in the form of CSR programs, awareness of the company to the environmental society built on the third phase of the 1994-2011 era when CSR was encourage to take more roles so that the presence of a company can really benefitting the surrounding community. In one hand, various types of program intervention have been delivered by the company to the public. And in the other hand, as Muslims employees who work at their company has a social responsibility in the form of zakat. This research is a collaboration between PT Arun and the Faculty of Economics and Business as well as Badan Amil Zakat Malikussaleh University that aims to see zakat models which can be adopted by the company as a CSR program in improving community welfare. The research was conducted within twelve villages located surrounding the PT Arun NGL site. Stratified random sampling was apllied by taking 10% of the total population in each village. Describing the result of data analisys, descriptive analysis methode was applied and multiple linear regression model in identifing the model. The correlation coefficient (R) of 0.774 (77.4%); shows a very close relationship (correlation) between mustahiq recruitment, mustahiq verification, business training, Zakah Disbursment, and monitoring mustahiq affect their welfare. While the coefficient of determination (R 2) of 0,600 (60.0%); means the process of mustahiq recruitment, verification, business training, realization of charity, and monitoring has the ability to explain their effects on increasing the welfare of mustahiq. While the remaining factors (40.0%) could be explained by other variables out of the model of this study. Keywords: Zakat, CSR, walfare, mustahik, Zakat Model

Item Type: Article
Subjects: E Economy, Accounting, Development > E151 Economy Islam
Depositing User: Dr. Damanhur Abbas Lc, MA
Date Deposited: 04 Jan 2017 07:06
Last Modified: 20 Sep 2018 17:15

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item